- 4 Sockets
- 4GB (Removable)
- Intel Core i5 3.6 GHz
- Flash - SDXC; SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
Mfr's System P/N's:
- MC508LL/A; MC509LL/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 16GB can be reached using any combination of 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB modules.
- iMac11,2 21.5-inch Mid-2010 EMC 2389
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD Install guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Up to 16GB of RAM can be installed in this iMac. Choose your ram modules on the left. To install the RAM, you'll need a Phillips #1 Screwdriver. Follow this guide to install the RAM.
- This iMac has a standard 500GB 3.5-inch factory hard drive connected to a 3 Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing HDD, purchase a larger 3.5-inch HDD with the OWC Complete Hard Drive Upgrade kit.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase an external 3.5-inch HDD enclosure or dock and put your new HDD in it, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. The enclosure can also house your old HDD.
- To upgrade the factory HDD to an SSD, purchase any 2.5-inch SSD along with the same Hard Drive Upgrade kit. Plus, you’ll need to add in the OWC Adaptadrive 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch drive converter.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new HDD/SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. Your old 3.5-inch HDD can be housed in this enclosure.
- HDD+HDD or SSD
- You can also add in more storage (rather than replacing it) by using the general servicing kit to replace the existing optical drive with this Enclosure, plus you’ll need any 2.5-inch SSD or 2.5-inch HDD to go with it.
- 8GB modules have been tested and will not function in any of the iMac11,2 21.5-inch model, or the 27-inch model with i3 CPU.