- 2GB (Original Apple specs)
- 3GB (1GB +2GB - Confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 1GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
Mfr's System P/N's:
- MA254LL/A; MA255LL/A; MA472LL/A; MA699LL/A; MA700LL/A; MA701LL/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 3GB can be reached using any combination of 1GB and 2GB modules or kits.
- MacBook2,1 (White) 13-inch Late-2006 Model A1181 EMC 2121
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- Apple officially supports 2 GB of RAM in this system, but 100's of our customers have been able to upgrade it to 3GB (1GB +2GB) or 4GB (2GB+2GB) of RAM (it can hold 4 GB but cannot fully utilise the memory beyond 3 GB due to approximately 700 MB of the RAM in the 3-4GB memory space being required for critical system functions). Choose your ram modules on the left.
- The only tools you need to open the case are a Phillips #00 Screwdriver and a Spudger or 10c coin. A Medium Anti-static Mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 80GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, you'll need a Phillips #00 Screwdriver, Torx T8 Screwdriver, and a Spudger or 10c coin. Follow this guide to install the parts. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.