- 2GB (Original Apple specs)
- 3GB (1GB+2GB - confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 1GB (Removable) or
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
Mfr's System P/N's:
- Virtually any configuration up to 3GB can be reached using any combination of 1 and 2GB modules or kits.
- MacBookPro2,1 17-inch Late 2006 A1212 EMC not known
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- Apple officially supports 2 GB of RAM in this system, but 100's of our customers have been able to upgrade it to 3 GB or 4 GB of RAM (it can hold 4 GB but cannot fully utilise the memory beyond 3 GB due to approximately 700 MB of the RAM in the 3-4GB memory space being required for critical system functions). Choose your ram modules on the left. All the tools you'll need are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit and an Medium Anti-static mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 120GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, purchase the same tools as for the RAM upgrade above, and follow this guide. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- Adding a second drive requires replacement of the existing optical drive using this . The tools needed are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit. Follow this guide to do the installation. And of course, you’ll need a new 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD to go in the new enclosure.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.