iFixit iPhone 3GS Replacement Battery
Replace your iPhone's battery.
- Battery life not what it used to be? Install a new battery in 16 straight-forward steps and breathe new life into your iPhone 3GS.
- Brand new replacement part.
- Please Note - this is just the replacement battery only, buy this part if you want the screwdriver, opening tool, and suction cup kit included.
- New 1219 mAh Replacement Battery
Other tools you'll need:
- Phillips #00 Screwdriver - used for internal and external screws
- Plastic Opening Tool - safely disconnect cables and pry out the battery
- Small Suction Cup - lift up the screen to get inside
- Some folks report the factory installed battery can be really glued down, and may need some gentle persuasion to loosen the glue with a hair dryer and our Nylon Spudger.
- You can also buy all of the above tools and more in the Essential Electronics Toolkit
- You can also get this repair done considerably faster by keeping all of the screws and parts neatly arranged and held fast using this Magnetic Project Mat.
- All 3GS iPhones
- Need help identifying your iPhone model?
- Compatible APN:616-0431, 616-0432, 616-0433, 616-0434, or 616-0435
- Capacity (mAh): 1219
Please Note - Does not work with the iPhone 3G
Please Note - Battery products cannot be shipped outside of Australia
iFixit is a private company in San Luis Obispo, California. Founded in 2003 while the founders were attending Cal Poly, the company sells repair parts and publishes free wiki-like online repair guides for consumer electronics and gadgets on its web site. Founder Kyle Wiens aims to reduce electronic waste by teaching people to repair their own gear and offering tools, parts, and a forum to discuss repairs.
We Also Recommend
iFixit 76Wh MacBook Pro 15" Retina (Late 2016-2017 Touchbar) Battery Replacement Battery w/ Fix Kit