Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard Open License - 16 Cores
This license also includes the right to downgrade/install Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016. The Windows Server 2019 licensing model includes both Cores + Client Access Licenses (CALs). All Windows Server 2019 licenses allow for up to two simultaneous administrator logins via RDS or console.
Each user and device accessing a licensed Windows Server Standard, Datacenter or Multipoint edition require a Windows Server User CAL. If the user is connecting via Remote Desktop Services, they also need a Remote Desktop Services (RDS) CAL.
To license the server itself, note that a Windows Server license is issued with a minimum of 16 cores, so the best product to start with is the Windows Server 2019 - 16-core license. To work out how many cores you need to license, calculate the number of cores in your server. For example, if you have a dual processor system, each with 10 cores, then you will need 20 core license in total. To license a server with 20 cores, you would need the base 16-core license, plus an additional 2x 2-core licenses, to give you 20 core licenses in total.
To see how many cores are in your system you can simply type "msinfo32.exe" in the full screen start menu, or use the key combination Windows key + R. When the System Information window loads make sure you have "System Summary" selected and look at the field "Processor". This will list both the number of cores per each physical CPU as well as the total number of logical processors. This total number of system cores is the number of physical CPUs multiplied by the number of cores per CPU.
A Windows Server CAL allows access to any edition of Windows Server of the same or earlier version. Each Window Server CAL provides access to multiple licenses of Windows Server.
Build your future with Windows Server
No matter where you want to take your organisation, get there with Windows Server 2019 - the operating system that innovates at the pace of your business.
Secure. Evolve. Innovate
The cloud offers IT organisations opportunities to flourish under a new model that delivers faster time to value and innovation. Many organisations, however, face strict compliance or business requirements. When you need it all—security, efficiency, and innovation—Windows Server 2019 delivers it. It's the cloud-ready operating system that supports your current workloads while introducing new technologies that make it easy to transition to cloud computing when you are ready.
Security at the OS level
Windows Server 2019 includes built-in breach resistance to help thwart attacks on your systems and meet compliance goals. Even if someone finds a way into your environment, the layers of security built into Windows Server 2019 limit the damage they can cause and help detect suspicious activity.
Protect your virtual machines
Use the unique Shielded Virtual Machines feature to encrypt your VMs with BitLocker and help ensure they can run only on hosts approved by the Host Guardian Service.
Help secure admin credentials
Protect admin credentials from Pass- the-Hash attacks using Credential Guard and Remote Credential Guard, and control administrator privileges with Just-In-Time Administration and Just Enough Administration, which together help minimise the time and capability granted for special privileges.
Help protect container-based applications with Windows Server containers with Hyper-V isolation, which do not share the host kernel with other containers. Use the distributed firewall, a software-defined networking capability, to control internal and external network traffic to VMs.
Evolve your infrastructure
Datacenter operations are struggling to reduce costs while handling more data traffic. New applications stretch the operational fabric and create infrastructure backlogs that can slow business. As organisations push the boundaries of highly virtualised environments, they can use Windows Server 2019 capabilities to meet operational and security challenges, freeing up IT resources to plan a strategy that uses the cloud for future applications and solutions.
- CPU: 1.4 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x64-bit processor
- Hard Drive: 32 GB available disk space
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for desktop experience installation
- Network Adapter: An Ethernet adapter capable of at least gigabit throughput
- Display: 1024 x 768 resolution
- Other Requirements: Internet functionality requires an Internet connection.
This is a genuine Microsoft software license. The license key will be issued by email within 1 business day of your purchase being placed with RamCity (usually within just a few hours), along with instructions to download from Microsoft. Microsoft software products are sold under a strict no refunds, no returns policy once the license key has been issued. Please contact someone on the RamCity service team if you are not sure about which product you should purchase.
- Brand Name: Microsoft
- Distribution Media/Method: Download
- Manufacturer Part Number: 9EM-00652
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au
- Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
- Product Name: Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition Open License - 16 Cores
- Product Type: Software Licensing
- Licence Details: Product Key License
- Licence Quantity: 1 Licence
- Licence Type: Software Licence for a single computer
- Language Supported: All Languages
- Operating System Supported: Windows
- Platform Supported: PC
- Software Name: Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition Open License - 16 Cores
What is ESD?
Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) is a digital delivery of a product key directly to consumers and small businesses via reseller, retailer and e-tailer partners.
Key features of ESD
- 24/7 availability of the product
- Secure and seamless delivery in a few minutes
- Product is ready for use immediately after digital delivery
- All benefits of a Box product.
End user benefits
- End user will receive email from Microsoft with product key and link to download the product image
- No physical media, purchased content available via direct download
- The product license can be moved to a new PC or Mac
- Software can be instantly activated after purchase