Upgradex mSATA III SSD external enclosure with USB3.0 Type-A cable
Great for cloning your existing mSATA SSD drive to a new one or making use of your old drive after upgrading.
With very fast USB 3.0 data transfer rates on the host connector side, the Orico mSATA SSD enclosure is up to 10x faster than USB 2.0 storage. It's also backwards compatible with hosts with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0 ports.
Unlike many other mSATA enclosures, the Orico mSATA performs well and doesn't overheat with larger mSATA SSDs up to 2TB and works with any standard mSATA (50mm) or mini mSATA (25mm) SSD.
Important compatibility Information
This enclosure is designed for mSATA SSD's only, and is not compatible with SSD's from Apple Mac Computers. Instead, see enclosures for Apple SSD's.
- Take apart the case by removing the two screws on the end of the case using the included driver
- Slide out the circuit board, note the orientation
- Install the mSATA SSD into the socked on the circuit board at an angle and press down lightly
- Secure the SSD using the included pair of screws
- Insert the circuit board back into the case the same way it came out
- Install the two external screws to attach the case panel
- Connect the USB 3.0 cable to the case, and the other end to the host computer
- Controller: ASMedia 1053E USB 3.0 Controller
- Attachment: USB Attached SCSI Protocol support (UASP)
- Casing: Durable aluminum casing
- Supported Drives: Supports 50mm and 25mm mSATA drives
- USB Compatible: USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Host Compatible
- Transfer Speeds: Supports SATA 1.5 Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 6Gb/s SSDs
What's in the box
- Upgradex mSATA SSD enclosure
- Quality 15cm USB 3.0 cable (Enlosure connector is micro USB, Host connector is USB Type-A), backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports
- Small screwdriver for removing and re-installing the faceplate
- 2x mSATA SSD fixing screws (two are already installed in the case)