Lycom Dual M.2 PCIe SSD to PCIe 3.0 x8 HHHL carrier / adapter
Made by the experts at Lycom in Taiwan, the Lycom Dual M.2 PCIe SSD to PCIe 3.0 x8 HHHL carrier / adapter is an economical solution for installing not just one, but two high performance M.2 (NGFF) PCIe x4 Solid State Drive into a standard desktop pc or Mac Pro (pre-cylindrical model) via a spare PCIe slot, and provides up to double the usual performance by utilising software RAID 0.
This card will work with a variety of operating systems, straight out of the box, and includes native driver support for Windows 10, Win8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat.
Note, this adapter is designed only for 'M' key M.2 PCIe x4 SSD's (pictured below left), and is guaranteed compatible with the Samsung XP941, SM951, SM961 (NVMe or AHCI), 960/970 Evo, 960/970 Pro, 970 Evo Plus and the MyDigitalSSD BPX/SBX. It will not work with a 'B' key M.2 PCIe x2 SSD or a 'B' key M.2 SATA SSD. For the 'B' key M.2 SATA SSD's there are single card solutions like the Startech M.2 SSD to SATA adapter.
The DT-130 is fully assembled and also includes a low profile bracket for cases that need it. Two screws are included to secure the SSD to the adapter card.
Features and specifications:
- Easily installs into any PCIe x4, x8, or x16 slot in your PC
- Supports PCIe 1.0, PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 3.0 motherboards (AHCI or NVMe M.2 SSD's)
- Supports booting on 2006-2012 model cMP Mac Pro (Note, only AHCI M.2 SSD's like the Samsung XP941 or Samsung SM951 (AHCI model) provide bootable storage support on macOS. High Sierra and later supports both AHCI and NVMe M.2 SSD's, but you still cannot boot an NVMe SSD under any version of MacOS, you can only use it is a storage device, so long as it's High Sierra or later.)
- Supports M.2 NGFF type 2242, 2260, and 2280 M.2 PCIe-based SSDs (AHCI or NVMe)
- Pin header included on the card for LED connection
- A standard full-height PCIe bracket is already secured to the card, with an additional low profile bracket included
- Transparent to the operating system
- Requires no software driver installation
- Supports Windows, OSX and Linux operating systems
- *NOTE* System boot from this adapter card has limited support on Windows and Linux systems in UEFI mode. Many Z97, X99 and all Z170 based and later motherboards will support it. Booting IS supported on 2006-2012 model Mac Pro (cMP) computers if you are running up to and including OSX Sierra, but only with an AHCI based SSD (You definitely cannot boot from NVMe M.2 SSD's, even on OSX High Sierra and later).
- You'll need to install your choice of any 128/256/512GB/1TB/2TB M.2 PCIe SSD for a complete storage solution.
- Lycom Dual M.2 PCIe SSD to PCIe 3.0 x8 HHHL carrier / adapter
- Standard height PCIe bracket (already attached)
- Low Profile PCIe bracket (not attached, but included as an additional item)
- 2x Flat head screwx (for attaching the SSD's to the card)
|M.2 SSD to PCI-E Adapter Compatibility List|
|M.2 SSD Brand / Model||Interface||Size||Lycom DT-130||Startech S32M2|
|Samsung XP941||PCIe key M||2280|
|Samsung SM951||PCIe key M||2280|
|Samsung SM961 (AHCI or NVMe)||PCIe key M||2280|
|Samsung 960 Pro / 960 Evo||PCIe key M||2280|
|Samsung 970 Evo / 970 Pro / 970 Plus||PCIe key M||2280|
|MyDigitalSSD BPX||PCIe key M||2280|
|Samsung M.2 128G
|SATA key B / M||2280|
|Samsung M.2 128G
|SATA key B / M||2280|
|BPLUS M2EM||SATA key B / M||2242|
|ADATA AXNS341N-64GM-B||SATA key B / M||2242|
|Sandisk X110||SATA key B / M||2242|
|Samsung MZNTD128HAGM||SATA key B / M||2280|
|Intel SSD Pro 1500 Series||SATA key B / M||2280
|Intel SSD 530 Series||SATA key B / M||2280|
|Toshiba THNSNHGDNT||SATA key B / M||2280|
|LITE-ON L8T-128L6G-HP||SATA key B / M||2280|
We Also Recommend
Samsung 870 Evo 4TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD
WD Black 4TB 7200RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Desktop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)