Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single Remote Desktop User CAL - Open License
This Windows Server 2016 Remote Desktop User CAL (Client Access License) allows Remote Desktop Server (RDS) functionality access to any edition of Windows Server 2016 (license sold separately) of the same or earlier version, on any of your servers. Note, if your users are connecting to the server remotely via RDS, then a Windows Server 2016 User CAL is also needed.
This license also includes the right to access earlier versions of Windows Server via RDS/RDP as well, such as Windows Server 2012.
How does RDS (Remote Desktop Services) work?
Remote Desktop Services (formerly known as Terminal Services) accelerates and extends desktop and application deployments to any device, improving remote worker efficiency, while helping to keep critical intellectual property secure and simplify regulatory compliance.
Remote Desktop Services enables virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), session-based desktops, and applications, allowing users to work anywhere. Microsoft RDS provides three deployment choices so that customers can have the flexibility to deploy the right type of VDI desktop for their users, all from a single platform. Customers can host either sessions-based desktop, pooled virtual machines, or personal virtual machines.
Server System Requirements
For server hardware system requirements, refer to Windows Server 2016 license page
Client System Requirements
- Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6
- CPU: 1 gigahertz (Ghz) or faster x64-bit processor
- Hard Drive: 500MB+ available disk space
- RAM: 512MB RAM for desktop experience installation
- Network Adapter: An Ethernet adapter capable of at least gigabit throughput
- Display: 1024 x 768 resolution
- Remote Desktop Services is also supported on many Thin Client devices
- Other Requirements:External network access may require an Internet connection.
This is a genuine Microsoft software license. The license key will be issued by email within 1 business day of your purchase being placed with RamCity (usually within just a few hours), along with instructions to download from Microsoft. Microsoft software products are sold under a strict no refunds, no returns policy once the license key has been issued. Please contact someone on the RamCity service team if you are not sure about which product you should purchase.
- Brand Name: Microsoft
- Distribution Media/Method: Download
- Manufacturer Part Number: 6VC-03224
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au
- Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
- Product Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single Remote Desktop User CAL - Open License
- Product Type: Software Licensing
- Licence Details: Product Key License
- Licence Quantity: 1 Licence
- Licence Type: Software Licence for a single user
- Language Supported: All Languages
- Operating System Supported: Windows and other thin client OS
- Platform Supported: PC, Mac and other thin clients
- Software Name: Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Single Remote Desktop User CAL - Open License
What is ESD?
Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) is a digital delivery of a product key directly to consumers and small businesses via reseller, retailer and e-tailer partners.
Key features of ESD
- 24/7 availability of the product
- Secure and seamless delivery in a few minutes
- Product is ready for use immediately after digital delivery
- All benefits of a Box product.
End user benefits
- End user will receive email from Microsoft with product key and link to download the product image
- No physical media, purchased content available via direct download
- The product license can be moved to a new PC or Mac
- Software can be instantly activated after purchase