ORICO 2.5" SATA III HDD/SSD to USB3.1 / Thunderbolt 3 Aluminium Enclosure Case (Silver) with USB-A plus USB-C cable
Fast USB 3.1 connectivity
This enclosure provides a super fast USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3 (backwards compatible with USB 3.0/2.0) connection from your computer to ANY 2.5” SATA notebook hard drive or 2.5” SSD (solid state drive). It requires no tools to install the drive quickly and easily.
Note, there are two cables included with this case. One is for use with host systems with a type-A USB 2.0/3.0 port and the other cable is for newer host machines with a USB 3.1 or Thunderbolt 3 port.
Made from solid aluminium, this enclosure is very robust and resistant to scratches. It's built tough with a good amount of weight to it. It's also tool-less so no need to mess about with screws and screw-drivers. Just slide on the silicon cover to the drive, open one end of the case, then slide the drive in and close the case, connect the USB cable and then connect to your computers USB port.
If you are looking to use this device to help clone your system from your old HDD or SSD (Mac or PC), check out our installation videos. On Mac, we recommend using the free Super Duper software and on PC's or servers, Macrium Reflect does an excellent job and also has free versions for cloning and partition resizing.
- The ideal solution for connectivity between any 2.5 inch HDD/SSD and your computer
- Fits HDD/SSD thicknesses of 7 / 9.5 / 12.5 mm
- Compatible with SATA I, II, III HDD/SSD interfaces
- Compatible with USB 2.0/3.0 Type-A/ USB3.1 Type-C, and Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Allows for tool-less installation of your 2.5-inch SSD/HDD
- Supports UASP for 20% faster USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 5gbps, and up to 10Gbps USB 3.1
- Makes it easy to sync data between your computer and hard drives and works with all cloning software
What's in the box
- Orico aluminium case drive enclosure
- USB3.1 Type-A (enclosure) to USB 3.0 Type-A, and USB 3.1 Type-C / Thunderbolt 3 (host computer) data cables (yes, there are two separate cables so you don't need another adapter)