OWC HDD/SSD Upgrade Kit for all 27-inch iMacs 2012 and Later (tools included, SSD requires bracket)
- In-Line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable
- iMac Opening Tool (to separate the screen from the inner adhesive strips)
- OEM adhesive strips (for screen re-attachment)
- Two suction cups for the outer glass removal
- Torx T8S Driver
- Torx T10S Driver
- Microfibre Pro Cleaning Cloth
You might also need...
- A 3.5" SATA hard drive
- or a 2.5" SSD
- Adaptadrive Converter Bracket (if using this kit to install an SSD)
Already have the tools? Then purchase just the In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable.
Compatibility: (what is my Model ID?)
- iiMac 27-inch (5K Retina) Mid 2017 (iMac18,3)
- iMac 27-inch (5K Retina) Late 2015 (iMac17,1)
- iMac 27-inch (5K Retina) Mid 2015 (iMac15,1)
- iMac 27-inch (5K Retina) Late 2014 (iMac15,1)
- iMac 27-inch Late 2013 (iMac14,2)
- iMac 27-inch Late 2012 (iMac13,2)
Please Note - This video above refers to the 27" iMac 2012-on model only. Although the 21.5" opens in a very similar way. See the video below for more specific information on opening the 21.5" model.
Other World Computing (OWC)
Other World Computing (OWC) has been providing quality hardware products and support to the computer industry since 1988. By activating an on-site wind turbine in October 2009 at its Woodstock, IL corporate headquarters, OWC became the first technology manufacturer/distributor in U.S. to become 100% on-site wind powered. OWC manufactures its own line of hardware products.
We Also Recommend
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Black 4TB 7200RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Desktop Internal Hard Drive