Crucial 4GB (1x 4GB) CL9 DDR3L-1333 PC3L-10600 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 8GB (1x 8GB) CL9 DDR3L-1333 PC3L-10600 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 8GB (2x 4GB) CL9 DDR3L-1333 PC3L-10600 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Kit for Mac (or PC)
- 16GB (Original Apple Specs)
- 32GB (Confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 4 Sockets
- 2 GB (Removable)
- Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Intel HM67
- Flash - SDXC; SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- Up to 32GB can be installed using 2, 4 or 8GB modules.
- Model Identifier: iMac12,1 -Early 2011 21.5-inch Model A1311 EMC 2428
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Choose your ram modules on the left. To install the RAM, you'll need a Phillips #1 Screwdriver. Follow this guide to install the RAM.
- This iMac has a 500GB 3.5-inch factory HDD with a 6 Gb/s SATA ports (upgraded from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s with iMac EFI Update 1.6), and unlike it’s i5 and i7 processor cousins from the same year, does not support a 2.5-inch SSD simultaneously with an internal hard drive.
- To upgrade the existing HDD, purchase a larger 3.5-inch HDD with the OWC Complete Hard Drive Upgrade kit.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase an external 3.5-inch HDD enclosure or dock and put your new HDD in it, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives.
- The enclosure can also house your old HDD.
- To upgrade the factory 3.5-inch HDD to an SSD, purchase any 2.5-inch SSD along with the same Hard Drive Upgrade kit. Plus, you’ll need to add in the OWC Adaptadrive 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch drive converter.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives.
- Your old 3.5-inch HDD can be housed in this enclosure.