Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Hynix 2GB (1x 2GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V DR x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
- 2GB (Original Apple specs)
- 3GB (Confirmed by 100's of customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 1GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MB138LL/A; MB139LL/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 3GB can be reached using 1GB and 2GB modules or Kits.
- Macmini2,1 Mid 2007 Model A1176 EMC 2108
- INSTALLATION GUIDES for this Mac Mini
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Officially, this mac mini can accept a maximum 2GB (1GB x2) of installed RAM but 100's of our customers have now confirmed that it can actually be upgraded to a total of 3GB (1GB + 2GB) of RAM. Choose your ram modules on the left. The tools you'll need are a Thin putty knife, and the Essential Electronics Toolkit. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- This Mac Mini has a 120GB 2.5-inch factory HDD connected to a 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or to a high performance SSD, follow this guide. You’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD, a Thin putty knife, and the Essential Electronics Toolkit.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- It’s also possible to add in a HDD/SSD by removing and replacing the existing Optical Drive by following this guide . For this, you’ll need the same parts and tools above, plus, you’ll need to add in the Optical Bay SATA HDD/SSD Enclosure.