Crucial 4GB (1x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 PC3L-12800 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Crucial 4GB (1x 4GB) CL9 DDR3L-1333 PC3L-10600 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 8GB (1x 8GB) CL9 DDR3L-1333 PC3L-10600 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 8GB (2x 4GB) CL9 DDR3L-1333 PC3L-10600 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Kit for Mac (or PC)
- 8GB (Original Apple specs)
- 16GB (Confirmed by 100's of customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 4GB (Removable)
- Intel Core i7 2.7 GHz
- Flash - SDXC, SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- Virtually any configuration up to 16GB can be reached using 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB modules.
- MacMini5,2 Mid 2011 Model A1347 EMC 2442
- INSTALLATION GUIDES for this Mac Mini
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Originally, both the official and actual maximum RAM was 8 GB. However, if running OS X 10.7.5 or higher, this Mac Mini can be upgraded to a total of 16GB (8GB + 8GB) of RAM. Choose your RAM modules on the left. There are no tools required to install the RAM, just follow this guide.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 500GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 6.0Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or to a high performance SSD, follow this guide. You’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD, the Logic Board Removal Tool, and the Essential Electronics Toolkit.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- It’s also possible to add in a HDD/SSD for a total of two internal storage drives. Follow this guide for details. Adding a second drive requires this Dual Drive Kit, which contains the necessary additional SATA cable and all tools. And of course, you’ll need a 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.