OWC Envoy Pro External USB 3.0 Enclosure for June 2013-current model Apple Flash SSDs
240GB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
480GB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
1TB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
- 16GB (At purchase. Not upgradeable after)
- Memory soldered and unable to be upgraded
- 8GB (Non-Removable)
- Intel Core i5 2.6 GHz
- Memory expansion is not possible. SSD can be replaced.
- Macmini7,1 Late-2014 model A1347 EMC 2840
- INSTALLATION GUIDES for this Mac Mini
- Sadly, the RAM in this MacMini cannot be upgraded, but you can upgrade the internal hard drive for extra space or upgrade to an SSD for much better performance. The 'Blade' SSD can also be replaced.
- By default, this model is configured with 1TB hard drive, but it also can be configured at the time of purchase with a 1 TB "Fusion Drive" (which combines a 1 TB 2.5-inch hard drive attached via a 6Gb/s SATA port and a 128GB ‘Blade’ SSD).
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- The current "Late 2014" models have a Serial ATA (6 Gb/s) connector for a 2.5-Inch hard drive or SSD in addition to a proprietary PCIe connector for a "blade" SSD. However, the cable to connect this SSD to the PCIe connector is not present unless the system is configured with a "Fusion Drive" at the time of initial purchase.
- If you have a ‘Fusion drive’ setup, then you’ll need to split the fusion drive first and then perform the clone operation.
- SSD -> SSD ('Blade' model)
- The Transcend Jetdrive 825/855 SSD upgrade kits allow you to clone your existing OS/app setup by first installing the new SSD in an external enclosure and attach to your system via the USB port.
- *Note, the Transcend Jetdrive 850 and 855 products are NVMe based, therefore require MacOS High Sierra or above to be running before you attempt to install the SSD. If you are running a version of MacOS before High Sierra (10.12.6 or earlier), and don't plan to upgrade, then stick with the Jetdrive 820 and 825 products.
- You can enter recovery mode - (reboot then hold down 'Command key + R') and use disk utility to 'restore' from your old SSD to the new one, or use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. Otherwise, you can use Time Machine to backup your old SSD to external storage, then restore after installing the new SSD.
- You can keep your old factory SSD in the enclosure that comes with the Transcend SSD kits for external storage, or use the OWC Envoy Pro enclosure (see the Accessories section of this page on the left).