Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
- 2GB (Original Apple specs)
- 3GB (Confirmed by 100's of customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 1GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MB138LL/A; MB139LL/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 3GB can be reached using 1GB and 2GB modules or Kits.
- Macmini2,1 Mid 2007 Model A1176 EMC 2108
- INSTALLATION GUIDES for this Mac Mini
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Officially, this mac mini can accept a maximum 2GB (1GB x2) of installed RAM but 100's of our customers have now confirmed that it can actually be upgraded to a total of 3GB (1GB + 2GB) of RAM. Choose your ram modules on the left. The tools you'll need are a Thin putty knife, and the Essential Electronics Toolkit. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- This Mac Mini has a 80GB 2.5-inch factory HDD connected to a 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or to a high performance SSD, follow this guide. You’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD, a Thin putty knife, and the Essential Electronics Toolkit.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- It’s also possible to add in a HDD/SSD by removing and replacing the existing Optical Drive by following this guide . For this, you’ll need the same parts and tools above, plus, you’ll need to add in the Optical Bay SATA HDD/SSD Enclosure.