Transcend Jetdrive 500 960GB SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Air (Late 2010 - Mid 2011) (includes tools and SSD enclosure)
Transcend Jetdrive 500 480GB SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Air (Late 2010 - Mid 2011) (includes tools and SSD enclosure)
Transcend Jetdrive 500 240GB SSD Upgrade Kit for MacBook Air (Late 2010 - Mid 2011) (includes tools and SSD enclosure)
- 4GB (At purchase, not upgradeable after)
- 0 Sockets for DRAM modules
0 Slots for SDXC flash cards
- 4 GB (Non-removable)
- Intel Core i5 1.6 GHz
- There are no memory sockets available for upgrading. Internal SSD storage upgradeable to 960GB
- MacBookAir4,1 11-inch Mid-2011 Model A1370 EMC 2471
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Sadly, it's not possible to upgrade the RAM in this model after it has been purchased. For better performance, consider upgrading the onboard SSD or the battery. Read below for details.
- SSD Upgrade
- By default, this model is configured with a 64/128GB 'blade' SSD connected via a custom SATA port. To replace the existing SSD with a larger capacity version, see the product options from Transcend on the left. Follow this guide to install the new SSD.
- The Transcend Jetdrive SSD upgrade kits allow you to clone your existing OS/app setup by first installing the new SSD in an external enclosure and attach to your system via the USB port. You can enter recovery mode - (reboot then hold down 'Command key + R') and use disk utility to 'restore' from your old SSD to the new one, or use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives.
- You can keep your old factory SSD in the enclosure that comes with the Transcend SSD kits for external storage, or use the OWC Envoy Pro enclosure (see the Accessories section of this page on the left).
- Add-in SD Memory Cards
- Unfortunately most of the 11-inch MacBook Air models do not have an SD card expansion slot.
- A Battery replacement (with tools) is available for this system. To install it, follow the battery replacement guide. .