OWC Aura Pro 6G 1TB Blade SSD for For 2012 to Early 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display
OWC Aura Pro 6G 500GB Blade SSD for For 2012 to Early 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display
OWC Aura Pro 6G 250GB Blade SSD for For 2012 to Early 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display
- 0 Sockets for DRAM modules
1 Slot for SDXC flash cards
- 8GB (Non-removable) or
- 16GB (Non-removable)
- Intel Core i5 2.5 GHz Intel HM77
- Flash - SDXC
- MD212B/A; MD212C/A; MD212D/A; MD212E/A; MD212LL/A; MD212X/A; MD212Z/A; ME662B/A; ME662D/A; ME662J/A; ME662LL/A; ME662ZP/A
- Memory is onboard. No sockets to upgrade.
- MacBookPro10,2 13-inch Retina Display Late-2012 A1425 EMC 2557
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Sadly, it's not possible to upgrade the RAM in this model after it has been purchased. For better performance, consider upgrading the onboard SSD.
- SSD Upgrade
- By default, this model is configured with a 256GB 'blade' SSD connected via a custom SATA port. To replace the existing SSD with a larger capacity version, see the product options from Transcend and OWC on the left. Follow this guide to clone your old SSD and install the new one.
- The Transcend Jetdrive SSD upgrade kits allow you to clone your existing OS/app setup by first installing the new SSD in an external enclosure and attach to your system via the USB port. You can enter recovery mode - (reboot then hold down 'Command key + R') and use disk utility to 'restore' from your old SSD to the new one, or use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives.
- You can keep your old factory SSD in the enclosure that comes with the Transcend SSD kits for external storage, or use the OWC Envoy Pro enclosure (see the Accessories section of this page on the left).
- Add-in SD Memory Cards
- The Transcend Jetdrive Lite series of add-in cards provide a quick way to add up to 256GB of additional storage in your mac without having to take the machine apart.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. To install it, follow the battery replacement guide.