Transcend Jetdrive 855 240GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (inc. tools and enclosure, High Sierra or above needed)
OWC Aura Pro X2 240GB PCIe NVMe SSD (Blade only) for Mid 2013 and later Macs
- 16GB (At purchase. Not upgradeable after)
- 0 Sockets for DRAM modules
1 Slot for SDXC flash cards
- 8 GB (Non-removable) or
- 16 GB (Non-removable)
- Intel Core i7 2.0GHz
- Memory expansion is not possible. SSD can be replaced.
- MacBookPro11,2 15-inch Late-2013 A1398 EMC 2674
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Sadly, it's not possible to upgrade the RAM in this model after it has been purchased. For better performance, consider upgrading the onboard SSD.
- SSD Upgrade
- By default, this model is configured with a custom PCIe 256GB 'blade' SSD connected via a PCIe port. To replace the existing SSD with a larger capacity version, see the product options from Transcend and OWC on the left. Follow this guide to clone your old SSD and install the new one.
- The Transcend Jetdrive 825/855 SSD upgrade kits allow you to clone your existing OS/app setup by first installing the new SSD in an external enclosure and attach to your system via the USB port.
- *Note, the Transcend Jetdrive 850 and 855 products are NVMe based, therefore require MacOS High Sierra or above to be running before you attempt to install the SSD. If you are running a version of MacOS before High Sierra (10.12.6 or earlier), and don't plan to upgrade, then stick with the Jetdrive 820 and 825 products.
- You can enter recovery mode - (reboot then hold down 'Command key + R') and use disk utility to 'restore' from your old SSD to the new one, or use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. Otherwise, you can use Time Machine to backup your old SSD to external storage, then restore after installing the new SSD.
- You can keep your old factory SSD in the enclosure that comes with the Transcend SSD kits for external storage, or use the OWC Envoy Pro enclosure (see the Accessories section of this page on the left).
- Add-in SD Memory Cards
- The Transcend Jetdrive Lite series of add-in cards provide a quick way to add up to 256GB of additional storage in your mac without having to take the machine apart.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. To install it, follow the battery replacement guide.