OWC Envoy Pro External USB 3.0 Enclosure for June 2013-current model Apple Flash SSDs
OWC Aura Pro X2 240GB PCIe NVMe SSD (Blade only) for Mid 2013 and later Macs
OWC Aura Pro X2 480GB PCIe NVMe SSD (Blade only) for Mid 2013 and later Macs
OWC Aura Pro X2 480GB SSD blade with installation in Macbook Pro or Macbook Air
OWC Aura Pro X2 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD (Blade only) for Mid 2013 and later Macs
OWC Aura Pro X2 2TB PCIe NVMe SSD (Blade only) for Mid 2013 and later Macs
OWC two piece Pentalobe and Torx Screwdrivers for Retina MacBook Pro and Air
240GB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
480GB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
Transcend Jetdrive 855 480GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (inc. tools and enclosure, High Sierra or above needed)
1TB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
2TB OWC Aura Pro X2 SSD and cloning kit for Mid 2013-2017 Macs (includes tools and enclosure)
- 0 Sockets for DRAM modules
1 Slot for SDXC flash cards
- 8 GB (Non-removable) or
- 16 GB (Non-removable)
- Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz
- The memory is soldered in and is not upgradeable. The SSD can be upgraded.
- MacBookPro11,1 13-inch Late-2013 A1502 EMC 2678
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Sadly, it's not possible to upgrade the RAM in this model after it has been purchased. For better performance, consider upgrading the onboard SSD.
- SSD Upgrade
- By default, this model is configured with a custom PCIe 256GB 'blade' SSD connected via a PCIe port. To replace the existing SSD with a larger capacity version, see the product options from Transcend and OWC on the left. Follow this guide to clone your old SSD and install the new one.
- The Transcend Jetdrive 825/855 SSD upgrade kits allow you to clone your existing OS/app setup by first installing the new SSD in an external enclosure and attach to your system via the USB port.
- *Note, the Transcend Jetdrive 850 and 855 products are NVMe based, therefore require MacOS High Sierra or above to be running before you attempt to install the SSD. If you are running a version of MacOS before High Sierra (10.12.6 or earlier), and don't plan to upgrade, then stick with the Jetdrive 820 and 825 products.
- You can enter recovery mode - (reboot then hold down 'Command key + R') and use disk utility to 'restore' from your old SSD to the new one, or use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. Otherwise, you can use Time Machine to backup your old SSD to external storage, then restore after installing the new SSD.
- You can keep your old factory SSD in the enclosure that comes with the Transcend SSD kits for external storage, or use the OWC Envoy Pro enclosure (see the Accessories section of this page on the left).
- Add-in SD Memory Cards
- The Transcend Jetdrive Lite series of add-in cards provide a quick way to add up to 256GB of additional storage in your mac without having to take the machine apart.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. To install it, follow the battery replacement guide.