iFixit iPhone 3GS Replacement Battery with Fix Kit
Everything you need to replace your iPhone's battery.
- Battery life not what it used to be? Install a new battery in using the guide below and breathe new life into your iPhone 3GS.
- Comes with all of the tools you need for the repair, at no extra cost.
- Brand new replacement part.
- New 1219 mAh Replacement Battery
- Phillips #00 Screwdriver - used for internal and external screws
- Plastic Opening Tool - safely disconnect cables and pry out the battery
- Small Suction Cup - lift up the screen to get inside
Other tools you might need:
- Some folks report the factory installed battery can be really glued down, and may need some gentle persuasion to loosen the glue with a hair dryer and our Nylon Spudger.
- You can also get this repair done considerably faster by keeping all of the screws and parts neatly arranged and held fast using this Magnetic Project Mat.
- All 3GS iPhones
- Need help identifying your iPhone model?
- Compatible APN:616-0431, 616-0432, 616-0433, 616-0434, or 616-0435
- Capacity (mAh): 1219
The 3GS battery is rated to last about 500 cycles. If you start each day with a fully charged phone and run it down to 0 each night, the battery will be below 80% effectiveness in less than two years. Luckily for all of us, Apple comes out with a brand new phone every two years! How considerate.
If for some reason you're happy with what you've got, this simple replacement will keep your iPhone 3GS running for another two years at least.
Please Note - Does not work with iPhone 3G
Please Note - Battery products cannot be shipped outside of Australia
iFixit is a private company in San Luis Obispo, California. Founded in 2003 while the founders were attending Cal Poly, the company sells repair parts and publishes free wiki-like online repair guides for consumer electronics and gadgets on its web site. Founder Kyle Wiens aims to reduce electronic waste by teaching people to repair their own gear and offering tools, parts, and a forum to discuss repairs.