iFixit iMac Screen Removal / Opening Tool (Wheel)
It's like opening an iMac pizza
- The unique design of the Late 2012 iMacs requre the cutting of the foam tape on the display to get inside.
- This tool comes in two parts:
- The handle is made of tough, laser-cut Delrin and easily accommodates the cutting wheel while providing plenty of grip.
- The cutting wheel is specifically designed to slip in the hair-thin gap between the display and the aluminum frame, then easily cut the foam holding the two pieces together.
- Not recommended for slicing pizzas, except maybe really thin ones.
iFixit is a private company in San Luis Obispo, California. Founded in 2003 while the founders were attending Cal Poly, the company sells repair parts and publishes free wiki-like online repair guides for consumer electronics and gadgets on its web site. Founder Kyle Wiens aims to reduce electronic waste by teaching people to repair their own gear and offering tools, parts, and a forum to discuss repairs.
We Also Recommend
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive