iFixit Adhesive Strips Kit for 27-inch iMac/iMac Pro (Late 2012 to Late 2019)
Adhesive Strips for Every Repair
- A complete set of replacement adhesive strips.
- These adhesive strips are specifically cut to fit the 27" Late 2012 through to Late 2019 iMac and the 2017 iMac Pro, and are labeled to help in the application.
- Kit includes one iMac Opening Tool.
The unique design of the late 2012 to 2019 27" iMac (and the 2017 iMac Pro) requires the replacement of the adhesive strips whenever the display assembly is removed. Fortunately, these adhesive strips are actually a foam tape, easily cut with an iMac Opening Tool. Unfortunately, the display has to be removed every time anything needs to be replaced or upgraded inside the machine.
Compatibility (How do I find my model ID?)
- All Late 2012 27" iMacs (EMC 2546 / Model Identifier iMac13,2)
- Late 2013 27" iMacs (EMC 2639 / Model Identifier iMac14,2)
- Mid 2014 27" iMacs (EMC 2806 / Model Identifier iMac15,1)
- Late 2014 27" iMacs (EMC 2806 / Model Identifier iMac15,1)
- Late 2015 27" iMacs (EMC 2834 / Model Identifier iMac17,1)
- Mid 2017 27" iMacs (EMC 3070 / Model Identifier iMac18,3)
- Late 2017 27" iMac Pro (EMC 3144 / Model Identifier iMacPro1,1)
iFixit is a private company in San Luis Obispo, California. Founded in 2003 while the founders were attending Cal Poly, the company sells repair parts and publishes free wiki-like online repair guides for consumer electronics and gadgets on its web site. Founder Kyle Wiens aims to reduce electronic waste by teaching people to repair their own gear and offering tools, parts, and a forum to discuss repairs.
We Also Recommend
NewerTech AdaptaDrive 2.5" to 3.5" Drive Converter Bracket
OWC HDD/SSD Upgrade Kit for all 27-inch iMacs 2012 and Later (tools included, SSD requires bracket)
OWC Envoy Pro External USB 3.0 Enclosure for June 2013-current model Apple Flash SSDs