OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable for iMac 2009-2010 HDD/SSD Upgrade (no tools, SSD requires bracket)
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
OWC HDD/SSD Upgrade Kit for all iMac 2009-2010 Models (tools included, SSD requires bracket)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial 4GB (1x 4GB) CL7 DDR3L-1066 PC3L-8500 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 8GB (2x 4GB) CL7 DDR3L-1066 PC3L-8500 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Kit for Mac (or PC)
- 16GB (Original Apple specs)
- 32GB (Confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 4 Sockets
- 4GB (Removable)
- Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MB952LL/A; MB953LL/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 32GB can be reached using any combination of 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB modules.
- iMac11,1 Late 2009 27-inch EMC 2374
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD Install guide
- - RAM upgrade guide
- RAM Upgrade
- Although Apple only officially supports 16GB total installed RAM, the 27-inch iMac11,1 can actually be upgraded to 32GB using 8GB true DDR3-1066 modules. Choose your ram modules on the left. To install the RAM, you'll need a Phillips #1 Screwdriver and a Spudger. Then follow the RAM upgrade guide.
- This iMac has a standard 1TB 3.5-inch factory hard drive connected to a 3 Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing HDD, purchase a larger 3.5-inch HDD with the OWC Complete Hard Drive Upgrade kit.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase an external 3.5-inch HDD enclosure or dock and put your new HDD in it, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. Your old 3.5-inch HDD can be housed in this enclosure.
- To upgrade the factory HDD to an SSD, purchase any 2.5-inch SSD along with the same Hard Drive Upgrade kit. Plus, you’ll need to add in the OWC Adaptadrive 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch drive converter.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new HDD/SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. Your old 3.5-inch HDD can be housed in this enclosure.
- HDD+HDD or SSD
- You can also add in more storage (rather than replacing it) by using the general servicing kit to replace the existing optical drive with this Enclosure, plus you’ll need any 2.5-inch SSD or 2.5-inch HDD to go with it.