Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Samsung 1GB (1x 1GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V DR x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Hynix 2GB (1x 2GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V DR x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Upgradeable 4GB (1x 4GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
- 4GB (Original Apple specs)
- 6GB (2GB+4GB - confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 1GB (Removable) or
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MB402LL/A; MB403LL/A; MB404LL/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 6GB can be reached using any combination of 1,2 and 4GB modules or kits.
- MacBook4,1 13-inch Early-2008 (White) Model A1181 EMC 2242
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- Apple officially supports 4 GB of RAM in this system, but 100's of our customers have been able to upgrade it to 6GB (4GB +2GB) or 5GB (4GB+1GB) of RAM. Choose your RAM modules on the left.
- The only tools you need to open the case are a Phillips #00 Screwdriver and a Spudger or 10c coin. A Medium Anti-static Mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 120GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, you'll need a Phillips #00 Screwdriver, Torx T8 Screwdriver, and a Spudger or 10c coin. Follow this guide to install the parts. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.