Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Upgradeable 4GB (1x 4GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Hynix 2GB (1x 2GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V DR x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
- 4GB (Original Apple specs)
- 6GB (2GB+4GB - confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 1GB (Removable) or
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- Virtually any configuration up to 6GB can be reached using any combination of 1,2 and 4GB modules or kits.
- MacBook5,2 13-inch early-2009 (White) Model A1181 EMC 2300
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- Apple officially supports 4 GB of RAM in this system, but 100's of our customers have been able to upgrade it to 6GB (4GB +2GB) or 5GB (4GB+1GB) of RAM. Choose your RAM modules on the left.
- The only tools you need to open the case are a Phillips #00 Screwdriver and a Spudger or 10c coin. A Medium Anti-static Mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 120GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 3Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, you'll need a Phillips #00 Screwdriver, Torx T8 Screwdriver, and a Spudger or 10c coin. Follow this guide to install the parts. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.