Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Samsung 2GB (1x 2GB) DDR3-1066 PC3-8500 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Crucial 4GB (1x 4GB) CL7 DDR3L-1066 PC3L-8500 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 8GB (2x 4GB) CL7 DDR3L-1066 PC3L-8500 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Kit for Mac (or PC)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
- 4GB (Original Apple specs)
- 8GB (4GB+4GB - confirmed by 100's of our customers)
- 2 Sockets
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- Virtually any configuration up to 8GB can be reached using any combination of 1,2 and 4GB modules or kits.
- MacBook6,1 13-inch Late-2009 (Unibody) Model A1342 EMC 2350
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- The original specifications from Apple was that up to 4 GB of RAM is supported in this system, but 100's of our customers have been able to upgrade it to 8GB (4GB +4GB). Choose your RAM modules on the left.
- The only tools you need to open the case are a Phillips #00 Screwdriver. A Medium Anti-static Mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 250GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 3Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, you'll need a Phillips #00 Screwdriver, Torx T6 Screwdriver, and Spudger. You can also buy all of these parts and more in the Essential Electronics Toolkit.
- Follow this guide to install the parts. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- Adding a second drive requires replacement of the existing DVD-drive using this Dual Drive Kit, which also contains all of the required tools and driver bits. Follow this guide to do the installation. And of course, you’ll need a new 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD to go in the new enclosure.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system, and includes the tools needed for the installation. See this guide for installation instructions.