Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
- 2 Sockets
- 512MB (Removable)
- Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- Virtually any configuration up to 2GB can be reached using any combination of 1GB modules or kits.
- MacBook1,1 13-inch Mid-2006 Model A1181 EMC 2092
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- This mac can be upgraded to a maximum of 2GB of RAM (1GB x2). Choose your ram modules on the left. The only tools you need to open the case are a Phillips #00 Screwdriver and a Spudger or 10c coin. A Medium Anti-static Mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 60GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, you'll need a Phillips #00 Screwdriver, Torx T8 Screwdriver, and a Spudger or 10c coin. Follow this guide to install the parts. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a Cloning/Data Transfer Cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.