Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
- 2 Sockets
- 512MB (Removable) or
- 1GB (Removable) or
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MA464LL; MA600LL; MA601LL
- Virtually any configuration up to 2GB can be reached using any combination of 512MB and 1GB modules or kits.
- MacBookPro1,1 15-inch Early 2006 A1150 EMC 2101
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- This mac can be upgraded to a maximum of 2GB of RAM (1GB x2). Choose your ram modules on the left. All the tools you'll need are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit and an Medium Anti-static mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 80GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, purchase the same tools as for the RAM upgrade above, and follow this guide. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.