Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
- 2 Sockets
- 512MB (Removable) or
- 1GB (Removable) or
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core Duo 2.16 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MA464LL; MA600LL; MA601LL
- Virtually any configuration up to 2GB can be reached using any combination of 512MB and 1GB modules or kits.
- MacBookPro1,1 15-inch Early 2006 A1150 EMC 2101
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- This mac can be upgraded to a maximum of 2GB of RAM (1GB x2). Choose your ram modules on the left. All the tools you'll need are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit and an Medium Anti-static mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 80GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, purchase the same tools as for the RAM upgrade above, and follow this guide. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.