Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Samsung 1GB (1x 1GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V DR x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Hynix 2GB (1x 2GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V DR x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
Upgradeable 4GB (1x 4GB) DDR2-667 PC2-5300 1.8V x8 200-pin SODIMM RAM Module
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
- 4GB (Original Apple Specs)
- 6GB (Confirmed by 100's of our customers: 2GB + 4GB)
- 2 Sockets
- 2GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- Virtually any configuration up to 6GB can be reached using any combination of 1,2 and 4GB modules or kits.
- MacBookPro4,1 17-inch Early-2008 A1261 EMC 2199
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- Although Apple only officially supports 4GB total installed RAM, this MacBook Pro can actually be upgraded to a maximum of 6GB (4GB + 2GB) of RAM, which we have confirmed with many 100's of our customers. Choose your ram modules on the left. All the tools you'll need are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit and an Medium Anti-static mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 250GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 1.5Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, purchase the same tools as for the RAM upgrade above, and follow this guide. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- Adding a second drive requires replacement of the existing optical drive using this . The tools needed are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit. Follow this guide to do the installation. And of course, you’ll need a new 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD to go in the new enclosure.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system. See this guide for installation instructions.