Crucial MX500 2TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
NewerTech 103Wh Replacement Battery for MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2009 - 2010
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
WD Blue 1TB 5400 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5" 7mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" 7mm SATA III Internal SSD (with 7mm to 9.5mm spacer)
Crucial 8GB (2x 4GB) CL7 DDR3L-1066 PC3L-8500 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Kit for Mac (or PC)
Crucial 4GB (1x 4GB) CL7 DDR3L-1066 PC3L-8500 1.35V / 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module for Mac (or PC)
Samsung 2GB (1x 2GB) DDR3-1066 PC3-8500 1.5V DR x8 204-pin SODIMM RAM Module
- 2 Sockets
- 2GB (Removable) or
- 4GB (Removable)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz
- SSD - SATA 2.5-inch 9.5mm
- MC226LL/A; MC226T/A
- Virtually any configuration up to 8GB can be reached using 2GB and 4GB modules.
- MacBookPro5,2 17-inch Mid-2009 A1297 EMC 2329
- INSTALLATION GUIDES
- - RAM upgrade guide
- - HDD/SSD upgrade guide
- - Dual HDD/SSD install guide
- - Battery replacement
- RAM Upgrade
- This mac can be upgraded to a maximum of 8GB of RAM (4GB x2). Choose your ram modules on the left. All the tools you'll need are in the Essential Electronics Toolkit and an Medium Anti-static mat is also recommended. Then follow this guide to install the RAM.
- HDD->HDD / SSD
- By default, this model is configured with a 500GB 2.5-inch hard drive connected to 3.0Gb/s SATA port. To upgrade the existing 2.5-inch HDD to a larger capacity HDD or high performance SSD, purchase the same tools as for the RAM upgrade above, and follow this guide. Plus you’ll need a larger 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD.
- To clone your existing OS/app setup first, purchase a cloning cable or 2.5-inch HDD/SDD enclosure to connect your new SSD to your mac, then use the Super Duper app to perform the clone, then switch the drives. You can keep your old 2.5-inch HDD in the enclosure for external storage.
- HDD + HDD/SSD
- Adding a second drive requires replacement of the existing DVD-drive using this Dual Drive Kit, which also contains all of the required tools and driver bits. Follow this guide to do the installation. And of course, you’ll need a new 2.5-inch HDD or 2.5-inch SSD to go in the new enclosure.
- A Battery replacement is available for this system (see the bottom of the product page for installation video).